Monday, March 28, 2011

recommend and express preferences.

Urii - Hey, Sarah, have you seen any good film recently?

Sarah - Yes, two or three. Have you?

Urii - No, What about this one? Is it any good?

Sarah - I'd only recommend that if you like really bad comedies.

Urii - No, I don't fancy that.

Sarah - Here you are. You might prefer this.

Urii - What's that? Torrente 4? No, I'm not a big fan of comedies. I'd prefer a science fiction film.

Sarah - A science fiction film ... er ... OK, well, try this one. It's got a really funny plot. I think you'll like it.

Urii - OK. I'll trust you. Thanks, Sarah.

Sarah - No problem.

KEY PHRASES

What about this one?
I'd only recommend that if ...
I don't fancy that.
You might prefer ...
I'm not a big fan of ...
Try this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment